Saturday, May 9, 2009

Happy Mother's Day to the Best




















Hi folks--

I thought it fitting to hijack Michelle's blog and communicate my thoughts to the greatest woman in my world while Michelle is out and I'm watching the boys (umm...how do you do this all day..everyday?)

Michelle--you are the default to so many moments in the boys lives.
Scraped knees...
Ticked brothers...
Goldfish spilled on the floor...
The ever-illusive "Indiana Jones" lego...
Overseeing more fights than UFC...
Nap times...or "how-can-they-not-be-tired? times"
Grocery shopping with 3 (are you insane?)
Cooking meals (the real kind that Sam says, "Mom's much better at" than Dad)...
Having an answer to the ever-pressing question, "so...whatcha makin for wunch/bwekfast/dinna...mommy?"...
Turning brown and white behinds pink...
Laundering the laundry...
Reading stories...
Coloring pictures...
Hugs...
Kisses...

For a thousand things you do all day, everday in love toward God, me, and your kids as a wife and mother you have my deepest respect and my highest love.

To quote Jeff Purswell, "no one shapes generations or fashions cultures more than mothers."

7 comments:

jeanna said...

I highly agree with you, Michelle is a wonderful, godly mother who truly loves her children with all that is in her. Samuel, Joel, and Asher, you are blessed beyond measure to have Michelle as your mom!

Jordan Family said...

Excellent job Rob honoring your lovely wife! She is a gem and more valuable then gold. Blessings dear friend on this wonderful day set aside to say thank you for how you lay your life down. God be glorified by your example. Hugs - AJ

Anonymous said...

so true Michelle your a wonderful mommy!!!!!!! happy mothers day! great tribute Rob!
love, mel martin

Michelle said...

Wow! I feel so underserving of those kind words and so blessed to have ALL of you "boys" in my life! Thank you for expressing your gratitude and love to me in this way...I appreciate it more than you know. There are some days a mom can wonder if anyone notices all that she does...thanks for letting me know you do and most importantly, my heavenly Father does too! I love you Rob.

Rebekah said...

Well done, Rob! And I agree, your wife is a SUPAHSTAH amongst women. Happy Mother's Day, Michelle. God bless you, my friend!

Kelly said...

Awe! This was such a wonderful idea! Great job, Rob! And yep, Michelle is TOTALLY a keeper :) xoxo, Kelly for the Ross'

Judy Marquart said...

Beautiful tribute, Rob ... and so true. Thanks for putting it out there for all to read!! You're also a great addition to this family, and I'm glad to call you "nephew".

Love ya ... Judy