Tuesday, October 23, 2007

BUGS!



Who knew that God would put us in a place that had more bugs than Kopperl, TX? Well, he did...and not only are there more of them, they are weirder too! Maryland has so many strange bugs...and they all seem to show up on the Tombrella back patio! Each morning that Sam runs outside and I hear him call, "Mommeee, wook, wook, Mommeee!", I have to prepare myself! I never know what I am about to discover! A few days ago it was a green grasshopper whose wings looked like leaves...it was actually quite an interesting creature. And the very next day it ended up on the side of our red chair in the living room! I have no idea how it ended up there, but since I didn't want grasshopper guts all over my chair (Rob only kills bugs...he will not catch them!), I picked him up and tossed him outside. We'll probably see him again in a few days!
Yesterday Sam discovered a brown praying mantis...eewwhh! I put him on a stick and threw him into the woods behind our apartment. Sam then said, "All dun, Mommy, aww dun!" That's his way of reasurring himself the bug is gone. Then today, behind our little picnic table, I discovered a black furry caterpillar (just like the one in the picture above!). He looked pretty scary to me so I scooped him onto the end of the broom and tossed him into the woods. (There seems to be a pattern involving the woods...could be WHY we see so many interesting bugs!)
Of course then we have the spiders...Daddy long-legs seem to flock to our patio and storage closet! Every time Sam sees a spider web he says Spiderman made it! :) Rob told him that one day last week and he seems to like the idea! I think I would feel better too if Spiderman HAD made the webs!
Well, we may all come home to Texas with alter egos like Spiderman (if we encounter a radio-active spider), as anthropologists because I keep looking up the bugs on the internet, or signed up to be on "Survivor" because we feel better equipped! The Lord only knows!





Sam (and Rob's) dream for
Mommy! Ha! Ha!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys,
Joey would be all about telling our kids spiderman made the webs. Did I tell you Cate is going to dress up like Supergirl!! Guess who picked that out!
I saw a picture of the boys in the spiderman costumes. Too Cute!!
Give the boys a hug from Cate and aunt Shelby!
Love y'all
Michelle

Anonymous said...

did the exterminator come today?

Peter Parker

The Heitlands said...

Michelle, you are too funny. Love this.

Lori