Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Tombrella Boy-isms!






I thought everyone might like to know the boys' latest words and phrases that often times, bring smiles to our faces and laughter to our bellies! What a joy they are and how fun to watch them grow up! They can slow down the growing up part though...it's going way too fast!

Sam's latest words/phrases....and their translations:
  • "Wuz that?" (still asking it!)..... "What's that?"
  • "It's o'tay Bubba." ....."It's okay Bubba."
  • "I have it Bubba?" ....."Can I have it Bubba?"
  • "Wook'a my did!" ..... "Look what I did!"
  • "O'tay Mommy!" ..... "Okay Mommy!"
  • "No sankyou, no sankyou!" ....."No thankyou."
  • "U'a sooo pritee Mommy!" (thanks to Rob's coaching!)..."You are so pretty Mommy!"
  • "My do it?" ....."Can I do it?"

And Joel's words/phrases....and their translations:

  • "Wut's dat noise?" (So cute!) ....."What's that noise?"
  • "Okay!"
  • "I dede it!"(emphasis on the long e while clapping)... "I did it!"
  • "My see it! My see it!" ..... "Can I see it?"
  • And his favorite is actually communicated nonverbally...hands in fists up over his eyes and head turned down. It is really quite hilarious, though he wants you to feel sorry for him.

Well, these are just a few of the common phrases I hear daily. I wish I could remember them all on the spot, but I would run out of room I'm sure! I want to hold onto these memories and cherish them in my heart because I know they are fleeting moments in my short life. In just a blink of an eye Sam and Joel will no longer be fumbling with their words...instead they will probably be correcting how I speak! It feels just like yesterday I was fumbling my way through two babies with their bottles, baths, naptimes, waking up in the night, and endless diapers! Oh how time flies when you're having fun! Hasn't God been good?! Never in my wildest dreams would I have anticipated the kindness of the Lord in giving us two sons in two different and special ways! Thank you Father, for your kindness and goodness displayed in our two precious sons!


8 comments:

Callie said...

So cute! I can totally hear them saying it! They are looking so big. Can't believe it...

Solange said...

wow!! Michelle! I miss your boys! We had MJ's B-day party and We really thought about your boys. I am glad you guys are going to come back soon! You know time flies !

Anonymous said...

Such cuties ... my 2 cute nephews ... seeing the pictures make me want to give them a big hug ... will look forward to seeing you, Rob, and the boys at Christmas when you're home!!

jeanna said...

It is so cute when they have their own little saying. You almost don't want them to learn the right way to say them. I can't wait for our visit next week, I love ya girl!

Aaron said...

We celebrated our 2nd anniversary as a church today! But it wasn't the same without ya'll here!

Love the pictures of the boys, let 'em know Colby misses them! (especially as studies have kept me from playing with him much).

I hope Rob is handling things well at school, though Purswell has undoubtedly recognized Rob's skills and has him lecturing by now...

Love you guys,

Aaron, Holly, and Judah

Anonymous said...

My precious precious grandsons,(and children) how I miss you, know that grandma and grandpa remind ourselves every day of your cute sayings, and we long to hug and kiss you. Faith and I made you something today and we will put it in the mail. Be strong mommy I well know how hard it is to be away and how overwhelming at times but you are right. We are never alone. I can't wait until you guys get here then only tears of happiness. Love grandma t.

Rob Tombrella said...

I love my boys and I love you!

Anonymous said...

Sydney and Noah miss Sam and Joel! We can't wait till you come home and we can play together again. "Wov Eou"-Sydney and Noah