Thursday, September 27, 2007

"Home"?!


Even as I write this, I feel a bit silly... I miss Texas! It's not really the place itself, though, it's all that the place holds that is so dear to me...our family...our friends...our church...our dog (can't believe I'm admitting that!)...and our house that we call home.

The other day, after a difficult morning, I cried to Rob about missing "home"! I told him I missed our parents, I wanted to pet Colby (our dog), I needed a hug from Betsy (miss your hugs Betsy!), I needed Diane, I needed Amanda, I wanted to hold Judah and talk with Holly, and I wanted our house with the swing set in the backyard for the boys to play on. It was rather a pathetic moment! But God, in his kindness reminded me of all I have here and how he is providing for us right where we are! I love how he does that! So good of him, in spite of my self-pity and despair I was tempted to! He reminded me that here in Maryland God has given us a safe and comfortable home, an amazing church, godly new friends who want to come alongside us for these next nine months and point us to Christ, visits from friends back home to look forward to and enjoy, opportunities to see and visit new things and places, and provision to make a trip home to Texas for Christmas! Truly so much more than we deserve!

So....if you are tempted to fear or depair over your current situation, like I was, let me humbly say, "DON'T!" Christ took care of our greatest problem on the cross, and he is working all things together for your good! The gospel really is, GOOD NEWS! And to take it even a step further to help lead you away from temptation, do what my good friend Diane suggested...list all the things you are looking forward to in the coming days and holiday season! It will change your perspective and hopefully fill you with anticipation! "Strength and dignity are her clothing, and she laughs at the time to come." Proverbs 31:25

No matter where you are...Texas...Maryland...China...Africa...you are not alone, you haven't left God's sight, and he hasn't forgotten about you! He is still sovereign over all...even little 'ole me and you!

5 comments:

Diane said...

all true, but I still miss you!

Michelle said...

Thanks friend! I miss you too!

jeanna said...

I totally understand how you feel. I am glad for our sakes that you are here and get to spend a few days next month with us and Thanksgiving. We wouldn't be able to do that if you were still in Texas. I love you girl, what a joyful journey God has lead us through in the past nine years. Wow! I am so thankful for our lasting friendship that God has given us.

laura said...

michelle, i can identify with your missing home- tennessee seems so far away from texas- well, b/c it is! but you are so right about God providing for our every need regardless of where He has placed us. That's what always helps me through the lonely times- remembering how Jesus left His home in heaven to come and save us. Aren't we blessed?? Praying for you in your NEW home (at least for the next 9 months)- laura

Anonymous said...

I miss you too Michelle with tears in my eyes.