Tuesday, June 10, 2008

PC Graduation



As the boys are sleeping we are resting from a day of fun and sun in the park. My parents are here helping us pack up and get ready to go. We thought you might enjoy some pics from graduation.

Some of Rob's highlights (written by Rob):


1. Being given a charge from CJ Mahaney to protect the people who Christ purchased with his own blood.


2. The opportunity to tell Jeff Purswell that he is a hero to me--and that his view of Christ is what I long to see and preach to others.


3. Being "dead on" in all my selections for the awards in the class.


4. Seeing my beautiful pregnant wife clapping for me, squeezing my hand at appropriate times, and glowing throughout the evening.


5. My mother-in-law's comment at the reception after interacting with several PC students, CLC members, and Jeff Purswell, "now I know why you came here."


6. Saying goodbye. We had a lot of "lasts." Last basketball game. Last care group meeting. Last day of class. But this night it really hit us that we won't be seeing these friends we've lived life with for quite a while. It was a joy to communicate thanks and love for what our friends invested in us and the great times we had. There were many tearful moments as well as times of great laughter.

7 comments:

The Heitlands said...

Thanks for your post. I had tears in my eyes as I read. We will miss you very much!!
Safe and sound at home,
Lori

pastor justin said...

Excellent.
Wish I could have been there.

Can't wait to observe all that God does in and through you over the next years.

Aaron said...

It almost looks like Rob and the other guys wore the same outfit...how embarrassing! ;o)

Congratulations to both of you! I know the last year has been difficult, and I am glad it has been enjoyable as well. So glad you guys made some new friends that (hopefully) will be lasting friendships through the years. We look forward to welcoming you back next week, and we can't wait to see the boys!

I hope the rest of the packing and then the long drive back go smoothly, and that you guys make some fun memories on the way home.

See you soon,

the Mayfields

Judy Marquart said...

Congratulations, Rob, on your graduation!! Glad things went well and loved looking at the pictures. I know that y'all are enjoying Russell & Vicki being there visiting and for the help to get packed and moving back to Texas. Give Sam and Joel a big hug and kiss for me ... hope to see all of you soon!!
Love to all ... Judy

Anonymous said...

So happy and proud of you guys! Michelle, I love seeing you in all your pregnant glory. I really hope to see you soon and catch up.

Love ya,
Allison Coates

Kelly said...

Miss you, dear friend. Hope you are continuing to safely (and healthily (is that a word?)) travel home. xoxoxo

laura said...

congrats on the graduation! i can't wait to see what the Lord does through you and Rob in the years to come.