Wednesday, September 16, 2009

happy birthday jeanna!

To my dear friend Jeanna,

Happy, happy birthday to you! I wish I could be there to celebrate you this day, but know that my thoughts and prayers are always with you, even across the miles!
It's hard to believe that we've been friends for over 11 years now...my time really DOES fly! I value your friendship just as much today as when we were young college girls muddling our way through college, heartache, and life decisions! Though I haven't gotten to watch first hand, I have seen the Lord grow you to be a godly woman, wife, and now mother of two! Your example of laying down your life for your husband and children is a continued reminder to me to do the same and model our Lord and Savior just as you do! Your faith, even in the midst of trials, big or small, has always challenged me as well and one I, again, want to model! And thank you for always being one of the truest friends I have! I love you Jeanna and pray that today, especially, you are reminded of the love others have for you, and the indescribable love your Savior has for you as he sings over you in delight! Happy birthday!
(And counting the days until we get to relax together with our husbands in Mexico as we celebrate the Lord's goodness to us in 10 wonderful years of marriage!!!!!)
Jeanna and I in '05 a few months after Joel was born!

Again, us in '05

Jeanna, Justin, and Karis, with us and
our two boys!

1 comment:

jeanna said...

Thank you my dear sweet friend. I am humbled by your sweet words and thankful beyond measure for our friendship, one that has stood the test of time, many miles apart, and one that has grown me so much in Christ. I love you, thank you for pointing me to my Savior. I can't wait for Mexico!