Friday, January 29, 2010

doctor visits

So this month has been the month of doctor visits for me. It began 3 weeks ago when Joel and I headed to the allergist's office. The results of that day: Joel...still allergic to peanuts (bummer);
Me...(after 56 pricks)allergic to just about everything that grows outside, all year long. Joy.

Then a week and a half later, after stupidly going for a run outdoors, I got sick with a sinus infection (again), so I headed to a new family practitioner and was prescribed antibiotics (again). I am feeling better now, but unable to take my allergy medicine until the infection is completely cleared up. Oh, the cycle I seem to live in.

Then last monday I headed to another new doctor for my yearly check-up and bloodwork to test my thyroid. I have hypothyroidism and have been struggling with fatigue lately. This new doctor was very helpful and has recommended some supplements that have been shown to help your thyroid function better! I am hopeful!

And alas, this Monday Joel and I will have our follow-up with the allegist. I may be signing up for allergy shots...maybe. Any thoughts on that anyone?

Thankfully no one else has been sick in our family! I am also so thankful to the Lord for providing kind, caring, and knowledgable doctors I feel I can trust and who will help me feel better! Truly a kindness and mercy of the Lord!

No comments: