Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Our First Snow Day!

Well, today is our official "first snow day" in MD!! The boys think it is great! We went out to play in it a bit this morning and hope to again when Daddy gets home! Thanks to the generosity of family and friends and sales from last season, the boys were much more prepared than I for the snow...warm, waterproof coats, hats, gloves, and boots (thanks Granny...they love them!). Getting their gloves on was an adventure in and of itself! I finally just shoved them on Joel and said forget it with trying to get his thumb where it is supposed to go....he didn't seem to mind. Sam however, after several frustrating attempts on both our parts, was able to put his thumbs in and have some sort of ability to still use his hands. He REALLY wanted to make snowballs to throw! I wasn't much help with my cheap little sweater gloves. All in all, we had fun but hand to head back in doors sooner than later because it was really cold and the boys pants were getting wet. It hasn't really stopped snowing all day and it looks like about 2 inches have fallen so far! So beautiful! Hope you enjoy my snapshots of the boys! Love you all!


Trying to make snowballs without gloves...not a good idea!

Running in the snow with their boots on! Aren't they cute?!

Not sure what Joel is doing here, but he is just too cute
in all his snow gear! :)


Here you can see the gloves. He wasn't quite sure
how to go about making a snowball at first...it wasn't sticking
together very well.

The view from our back porch just a few minutes ago.
Oh, and I can't believe the date is wrong on my camera...never fails, I always
seem to mess it up when I'm in a hurry. Sorry.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes it was a great snow day indeed! we went tobogganing with the kids (host family) and then tonight zac and i went boarding! hope your feeling much better!
mel martin

jeanna said...

It looks like you guys had fun! I hope it snows here this year again.

Anonymous said...

Dear Michelle ... So great to see the boys having such fun!! Wish I could be there to enjoy seeing them in person and playing in the snow!! I just talked with Granny and told her that they boys were putting their "snow equipment" to good use. I'm taking a printout of the pictures to her so she can see. Take care; give the boys a big hug for me; and see you soon!!
Judy

Anonymous said...

Wow. It looks so beautiful! Well, it's suppose to be in the lower 80's tomorrow in Frisco. Aren't you glad you actually have seasons? ; ) Keep taking the pics. I love seeing you guys!

~Susannah~