Wednesday, October 21, 2009

a good recipe...

So my Kodak Easyshare is not behaving so easily today and won't let me copy my downloaded pictures onto my computer. Therefore my hopes of a post on our day at the pumpkin patch are left empty! Sorry! Instead I thought I would share a new recipe I tried tonight and loved! It is from the Kraft Food & Family magazine (it's free...sign up online!) which I love and use all the time! If you're like me, sometimes you feel like you get in a "dinner rut" and anything new and good is like a breath of fresh air!! So here ya go! Try it and see if you don't like it as much as we did! It's super easy too...a must for a mom of three like me!

Parmesan Crusted Chicken in Cream Sauce (w/ Rice)

2 cups Instant Brown Rice, uncooked
1 can fat-free chicken broth, divided
6 Ritz Crackers, finely crushed (I needed a few more)
2 Tbsp. grated parmesan cheese
4 small boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (1lb)
2 tsp. vegetable oil
1/3 cup Chive & Onion light cream cheese


COOK rice as directed on package, using 1 1/4 cups of the broth and 1/2 cup water.

MEANWHILE, mix cracker crumbs and parmesan cheese on plate. Rinse chicken with cold water; shake off excess water. Dip chicken in cracker mixture, turning to coat.

HEAT oil in large nonstick skillet on medium heat. Add chicken; cook 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cooked through. Place chicken on serving plate; set aside; keep warm. Add remaining 1/2 cup broth and cream cheese spread to same skillet. Cook on meduim heat until mixture just comes to boil, stirring constantly. Simmer until sauce thickens. Spoon over chicken. Serve with rice and your choice of vegetable. Enjoy!

Makes 4 servings.

1 comment:

Judy Marquart said...

Love the new picture of the boys with the pumpkins ... think you could send me a 5X7 of it? Maybe you could get it done while your parents are there this weekend and send it back by them?!

Recipe sounds good ... will have to try it.

Love & hgs to all ... Judy