Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Adoption Day!

Us in front of the judge after it was all over!
Sam's holding a bear the judge gave him!

Raising our right hand to ensure we tell the truth!


Three years ago, today, a judge in Dallas, TX declared Samuel ours...forever! His birth certificate was then able to officially say that I was his mother and Rob was his father! It was a very memorable day in our life and we try to celebrate it with Sam every year! This is the first year he is really into it...you can tell he likes the individual attention. This morning Rob asked him, "Does Joel get an adoption day?" And Sam said, "No, just me!" with a big grin on his face as he pointed to himself! So cute! And then every so often today he will tell me, "I so happy Mom, today is Dopshun Day!" It makes my heart sing with joy and praise to the Lord for the gift of our firstborn!

10 comments:

Lauren said...

What a wonderful day to celebrate and reflect on God's blessing!

erin said...

Happy Adoption Day, Sam! Can't wait to see you guys back here...coming up soon :)!

laura said...

praising the Lord with you- i remember jeanna keeping me updated as i prayed for your family. give your Sam a hug from me!

Anonymous said...

How incredibly heart-warming! What a special gift for all!

~Susannah~

jeanna said...

We are so glad that the Lord chose you guys to be Samuel's parents. You are doing a fantasic job by His grace!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet family God has blessed you with. May each year get better and better and your family's love grow stronger!!

Blessings on Sam's adoption day!!!

Allison Coates

Aaron said...

What a great picture that is! Sam's example challenges me as I reflect on my adoption into God's family.

Thanks for sharing this with us.

grandma t said...

Sam, We cried with joy the day Mom & Dad brought you home. We rejoiced with Thanksgiving on April the 8th because you were our very own grandson, our first-born grandson. We love you and pray for you each day. You will be a mighty warrior for the Lord and a blessing to many. We will always love you forever&ever. Joel you also are a first-born grandson, and such a miracle the two of you. We love you

Anonymous said...

I rejoice at how good God has been to your family. Sam is truly a gift from God and I know you will continue to share that with him as he grows into a man after God's heart.

Anonymous said...

How incredible and precious! I love those pictures of you with Sam and so pregnant with Joel and still smiling. Wow!