Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Mother's Day '08

As you all know, Sunday was Mother's Day and what a day it was for this mommy! It began with breakfast in bed brought to me by all my boys yelling, "Happy Muder's Day, Mommee!" So sweet to my ears! Quite a contrast from the past years with the boys...they didn't have a clue, but this year was especially fun b/c the boys were TOTALLY into it!

Then the card and gift opening commenced! Rob had gotten a card for each of the boys to give me (even the little guy still in the "oven") and they were so funny. Then included inside the cards were typed interviews that Rob did with the boys. Here a sample of each of their responses:

Sam:
Favorite story: "Just. Hmmmm. Just Spiderman."
Song to sing: "Umm. Just the Gospel Song. Yes, and the Nigh Night Song!"
Favorite Dreams: "Just Spiderman and Hulk and Maddie and Allie and Karis"
(If girls remain in the dreams too long we may need to talk!)
Greatest fear: "scary monsters. Big spiders. I don't want them."
What does Mommy do the best?: "I don't know Daddy. I just wuv her."
I want to thank Mommy for: "I don't know Daddy. I jus wuv her."

Joel:
Favorite toy: "Wightning Mcfeen!"
Favorite story: "well...trucks! It's a big digger! Wan to read it?"
Song to sing: "I want Thomas. Well...well...maybe the Gospel Song!"
Favorite dreams: "Umm...Thomas at Sordor with James. Hmm. Maybe Pirates!
They get on my boat. Want to come on my boat?"
Greatest fear: "Uhhhh. Wions. Not bo-boes."
Favorite lunch: "well...cheeseburger. Yes. French fries."
I want to thank Mommy for: "...wuving me in my house."

(Boy #3 was a little tied up and unavailable for interview! Maybe next year!)

Rob, my wonderful husband, also gave me a card and it included a poem! He is quite the poet for those of you who didn't know! Then he blessed me with a gift certificate to a spa for a manicure and pedicure!!!! Every pregnant woman's dream come true!...That and a good nights sleep!

After all the spoiling of Mommy, we headed to church for a wonderful time worshipping the Lord and hearing God's word! After church we headed to my favorite Mexican restraunt in Gaithersburg and got there right after they opened! Perfect timing with two toddlers in tow!

So anyways, to sum the day up...I am blessed beyond measure! My boys are one of my greatest joys and there are no other children I would rather be raising, loving, and caring for each day, then them! Who knew, several years ago, as tears fell from my eyes, on yet another childless Mother's Day, what blessings and joys the Lord had in store for me! All praise to Him, for not just the wonderful gift of my sons, but for the greatest gift of all, my salvation!

5 comments:

Diane said...

Precious!

Kelly said...

Rob and Michelle, Why don't we finalize the Samuel-Madelyn marriage before the end of the PC year? Ben will get the dowry together and we'll see if it meets your standards. We have at least 3 cows we can offer. :)

Glad to see you enjoyed your Mother's Day...love the interview idea! xoxo

Callie said...

I love the little interviews! I can totally hear Sam saying those things, although I haven't heard Joel talk enough to picture his little voice! I can't wait to see you all next month!! YAY!!

jeanna said...

How sweet, what a wonderful idea of Rob to interview your boys. Our task of raising, teaching, and loving our children is such a joy no matter how hard it seems, only because we have the greatest joy in living and teaching them our most precious need, Christ. I love you girl and can't wait until next weekend.

Judy Marquart said...

How positively precious ... and I know this will definitely be a Mother's Day to remember!! And the interviews were just great. Give each of your boys ... this includes Rob ... a hug for me; and I can hardly wait to see you when you get back to Texas.
Judy in Houston, Texas