Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Happy Birthday Joel-er Bear!

Our big boy!

Our big boy a few weeks before he was born!

Our boy right after his birth! So sweet!



The overjoyed and tired new parents!



It's hard to believe (as I await the arrival of our new baby boy) that my "baby boy" is 3 years old today! What a miracle and surprise he was!!! He is only 8 months younger than his big brother, which has been quite an adventure, but I wouldn't change it for the world! What a gift from the Lord the past 3 years have been to watch him grow and change from a sweet cuddly baby into a fun and imaginative little boy! How very kind of God to entrust you, Joel Aaron, to us! And I know you can't read this now (though sooner than later you will,no doubt!) but you are a dream come true! I absolutely love being your mommy and being the blessed one (along with Daddy of course) who gets to teach you about our great God and everything in this wonderful world He made! It's a joy to see you learn new things everyday and wander off into your own little "world" to play and imagine! And there is not much that can make my heart soar like hearing your sweet little voice say, "You da best Mommy!" or "I wuv you sooooo much Mommy!" Truly, those are moments that I will treasure and ponder in my heart forever! I love you sweet Joel and you will forever be my "Joel-er Bear"!

3 comments:

jeanna said...

I can't believe he is three either. What a blessing little boys are, and you are about to have three!!! I am praying for you and love you. God is good to us and has blessed our lives so much.

Rebekah said...

Good grief, you had me going for a second there. Pictures of a new baby and you guys in the hospital! Ha ha.

Happy birthday sweet Joel!

Thinking of you, Michelle!

Judy Marquart said...

Thanks, Michelle, for sharing Joel's day ... and yes, he's definitely a "keeper". I wish that his Pop-Pop was here to see both of his great-grandsons; and I know he would get a kick out of Joel's love of trains.
Love to all ... Judy